Dear RLS Families:
The PTA wants to thank you for coming out to attend Back to School Night on September 10! It was wonderful to see many returning families and also, to meet new families! We also hope that you enjoyed meeting fellow parents, your child(ren)’s teacher(s) and the PTA board members! Thank you to Ms. Lau-Yee for the opening remarks and introduction of the wonderful RLS faculty and staff.
A few updates and reminders from the PTA:
1. Family & Friends Giving Campaign: To echo our VP of Fundraising, James Kass’ words from Back to School Night, the RLS families make this school what it is. Together, we will invest in meaningful programs that will enrich our children’s education. Please consider donating to our Family & Friends Giving Campaign! For more information about this year’s giving campaign, please click here. Thank you so much for your support!
2. Mark Your Calendar - Saturday, September 28, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.: The PTA will hold our first general PTA meeting, followed by the rolling up our sleeves, digging our hands into the soil and beautifying our garden. To top off our day, we will enjoy some RLS BBQ style grub. Please join us! For more information about the 9/28 event, see the flyer. To RSVP and/or volunteer on 9/28, please click here.
3. Let’s Get Our Dolphin Spirit On!: Let’s continue to build our school spirit with our Dolphin gear! We are replenishing our inventory and the shipment should be arriving in a few weeks. If you haven’t done so, submit your order form (with payment) today! And don’t forget that every Friday is Dolphin Spirit Day, so show your spirit by wearing your Dolphin gear!
For sale: Also, the PTA will be selling vintage Dolphin gear at 1/2 off starting September 28, when we have our first general PTA meeting/beautification day/family BBQ! Selling until it’s all gone!
4. Shop for RLS: We want to remind you that there are ways to help our school simply by participating in fundraising programs, including Amazon Smile, Office Depot/Office Max
Give Back to Schools and others. Please go to our Shop for RLS online for more information. Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible Amazon Smile purchases to our school! With Give Back to School with Office Depot/Office Max, you can make a purchase of qualifying school supplies, provide your school ID at checkout and our school will receive 5% back in credits for FREE supplies! The school ID is 70014079. Thank you!
5. Please Volunteer: For the 2019-2020 school year, getting involved is a great way to show our kids that you take an interest in their education and support RLS! As with many schools, the RLS PTA is helping to raise funds for activities and resources that were once considered basic necessities. Parent volunteers are so essential to organizing and chaperoning various fundraising events and other school activities throughout the school year. Parent volunteers offer a BIG resource and support base for the RLS community and show their kids the importance and value in participating in the larger community.
No matter how much time (or how little time) you have, we welcome your help! To sign up, please click here to complete the Parent Volunteer Sign Up Form.
Thank you for being patient with the PTA, as we are trying to get our communications in order and update e-mail contacts for all the families. We hope this Google group will keep us all on the same page throughout the school year!
Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns: firstname.lastname@example.org.
P.S. Upcoming events
Planning for Fall Fest on October 31st is underway! Look out for the Google form volunteer sign up for Fall Fest! Consider signing up for the 3-on-3 Game On Jamboree on November 9th! Stay tune!