As the school year comes to a close, the PTA would like to take this opportunity to thank our RLS community for your support this year! We also want to thank Principal Lau-Yee for her great guidance and support, keeping our children safe and thriving amid all the craziness surrounding the construction.
The PTA has accomplished a great deal this year…
- The Annual Campaign raised over $45,000 -- an all-time high for our school!
- We held our first Annual Gala and Silent Auction offsite and raised over $8,000. The event provided parents, teachers, and administrators with an opportunity to have fun while raising critical funds for our school.
- Our Walkathon raised a little over $11,000, a 27% increase over last year’s totals while teaching our children the importance of fitness and exercise.
- The Family Day Raffle and BBQ gave parents, children, faculty, staff and incoming parents an opportunity to close out the year with a day of food, games and raffle prizes. The raffle raised a total of $8,150.
HOW ARE THE FUNDS SPENT?
- Outside Education: Where our kids learn about nature, science, the environment, and sustainable gardens.
- Classroom field trips that the kids enjoy throughout the year.
- Teacher stipends for classroom materials.
- Read-Out-Loud Program
- Math Tutoring
- This year, we also replaced two outdated and often broken high-capacity copier machines.
We organized several events this year to encourage community and family bonding.
- Family Game Night
- Halloween Event
- Annual Campaign Kickoff/Movie Night
- Ice Skating at the Embarcadero
- Chinese New Year Celebration
- Family Day Raffle and BBQ
DOLPHINS GIVE BACK
Our children are blessed and fortunate to have such a great support at home and at school, but not every child is afforded the same opportunity. This year we organized our first Holiday Giving Drive where the children prepared shoeboxes of toiletries and donated them to Compass Family Services which caters to homeless families in San Francisco.
We also made our annual trip to the San Francisco-Marin Food Bank, where kids and their parents helped pack food for distribution.
WE APPRECIATE YOU
We are very thankful to have a community of dedicated parents, teachers, and staff that value the education of all our children as well making sure they grow up to be well-rounded individuals. Our accomplishments are a reflection of your efforts.
A special thank you to our 2016-2017 PTA Board led by President, Tim Connolly. His guidance and motto of “thinking outside the box” has really shown to be a great success in all of the PTA’s endeavors this year. Tim’s Board this year consisted of the following members:
WE WISH YOU ALL A HAPPY AND SAFE SUMMER!!